Senior Comms Designer
This role is crucial in ensuring that the brands we represent stand out and add creative value to existing/new client relationships. This role will also help to elevate our reputation as a creative agency that creates and delivers beautifully crafted work-that works.
We’re looking for a Senior Comms Designer with a proven track record and a passion for crafting, designing and delivering creative work that’s simple, striking and effective. Your work has contributed to significant pitch wins and, ideally, numerous awards. You love taking (or perhaps even inspiring) ‘the big idea’, before getting a real buzz from bringing these ideas to life in the most visually striking ways possible. You challenge convention, and don’t ever settle for ‘OK’.
Although you may think conceptually, you are design-driven first and foremost. You’re passionate about bringing design craft, style and finesse to any idea and, by complementing the conceptual thinking of art directors, you’re able to bring magic, and deliver standout, to any concept .
1HQ have diversified beyond the pillars of brand strategy, product innovation and pack design to offer our clients a more complete and compelling offering. As a result, we’ve built a small but almost perfectly formed Brand Communications team. Each and every one of us is passionate about planting brands at the heart of the stories we believe should be told before allowing those stories to unfold across audiences and channels in the most meaningful, relevant and impactful ways possible.
From CGI/3D animation to shopper comms, from conventional media formats to the newest social channels, from experiential marketing to on-pack promotions, from consumer-facing campaigns to employee engagement programmes. And everything in between so no two days are the same.
If you share our love for the power of creative strategy, conceptual creative ideation, wonderfully crafted design and persuasive storytelling, and if you believe you have what it takes to work with our CDBC to help lift our creative offering to even higher levels, then it’s probably time that we met and gave you the opportunity to tell us your story.
· Design. Your biggest responsibility is to bring imaginative and inventive comms concepts and campaigns to life through outstanding design.
· Be a team player. The Comms team is only small, but we’ve already shown how we can achieve massive things when we all work together harmoniously and collaboratively.
· Work collaboratively with the wider 1HQ team, particularly our art directors, the creative studio, production directors, artworkers and client service personnel.
· Having your finger on the pulse of the latest campaigns that break. Knowing who’s doing what – from directors, photographers, illustrators and content creators to competitor agencies and relevant competitor Clients. And then, importantly, finding an internal platform to share your passion for, and knowledge of, design so that you may fire the interest and imagination of others
· To keep up to date with all things design-led. That could be anything from imaginative architecture and building design to typography to a piece of shopper comms you saw on your last trip to Tesco. It’s a fast-paced, ever changing creative environment, and one you’ll be immersed in and up to speed on at all times.
· Present creative work with clarity both internally and externally direct to clients and in doing so project the passion and insight that helps make these ideas both relevant, unique and creatively inspiring.
· Act as a brand guardian for assigned projects and be a fountain of knowledge to your peers.
· Able to handle a fast-paced environment and maintain consistent high standards.
· Ability to manage time effectively under tight deadlines to ensure client needs are met.
· A genuine passion for the role that creative comms has on brands, customers, consumers and shoppers, both now and well into the future. That will allow 1HQ to adopt a position of influence and leadership when it comes to creative communications and the role it has in delivering commercial gains for the brands we represent.
· Ideation and conceptual thinking. It sounds cliched but we truly believe ideas come from anyone and anywhere. So, if you have an idea or a story that you think a brand should be telling, then we’ll encourage you to tell it.
· Ability to interact with both creative consulting and account management teams as well as generating impactful creative solutions built on solid strategic foundations
· Ability to think independently and to run projects from start to finish
· Ability to interpret and interrogate creative briefs
· Ability to bounce back from feedback and come up with a creative solution
· Excellent organisational skills with the ability to balance great design with meeting deadlines
· People skills that bring confidence and trust from clients and collaborators
· Articulate, literate and inspiring when presenting ideas and giving feedback
· Ability to pitch concepts to clients
· Comfortable in the use and application of the Adobe suite of design softwareThe ideal candidate is a seasoned professional with an entrepreneurial mindset. You are a proven leader who will own a large part of the design life cycle through to its completion.
- Collaborate with business/technical leaders
- Creative conception/design
- Lead project meetings
- Multitask multiple projects
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Design 5+ years of relevant experience
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Proficiency in Adobe, InDesign, Illustrator
Send your application and CV to email@example.com