22 Russell Street
+44 (0)1753 624 242
Digital Account Director (inc E-Commerce)
Be part of a fast-growing global brand agency, where you can really make a difference every day.
This new role will be pivotal in delivering excellent client service for brands that require a digital and social media comms platform focus.
Working across our global teams where specialist digital/e-commerce skills are required, you will need to be adept in delivering a blended approach to E-Commerce/D2C, commerciality, strategy planning and digital campaign planning/activation.
We are looking for someone with at least 10 years’ experience within a Digital Account Management & Directorial role.
The role will require the successful applicant to demonstrate skills and experience in the following:
• Digital and social media strategy creation (with particular focus on D2C); digital and social comms communications campaign planning and activation (i.e., extending a brand’s footprint beyond D2C alone)
• Project management of key client brand and social platforms
• Orchestrate campaigns
• Delivery of accurate and prompt forecasting of current and potential business within your portfolio of clients
• Act as a client-facing partner to provide advice on brand and commercial strategy and new product development
• Direct responsibility for building a strategy on how to deliver against targets
• Responsibility for ensuring agreed profitability margins are maintained across all clients
• Champion value-based pricing within the business to ensure that 1HQ’s time and deliverables are valued appropriately
• Oversee the development of complex proposals
• Have direct responsibility for negotiating budgets with clients as needed
• Work collaboratively across teams to ensure that 1HQ delivers compelling, seamlessly connected strategy and inspires creativity in answering each brief and business challenge
• Add value to all proposals and briefs to deliver first-class work that exceeds client’s expectations
• Champion creative work with confidence, providing an objective strategic rationale
• Challenge the internal 1HQ teams to align strategy at every phase of the project – especially when, if required, there’s a need to connect on- and offline worlds/retail strategies
• Understanding of the clients’ business challenges and needs. Develop in-depth knowledge of their market, category, selling platform(s) and competitors to be able to add value at every stage
• Strive for 1HQ involvement in long-term strategic decisions, providing 1HQ with greater brand guardianship
• Work collaboratively with clients to plan the pipeline for future projects, looking to generate additional projects for 1HQ
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Analytics. Competent in running a detailed P&L, also working with performance data sets (CPA, CTR, ROAS).
• Add clarity, value and strategic gravitas to raise 1HQ’s profile within client organisations, representing our vision and values externally
• Conflict resolution skills where necessary
• Work alongside the new business team and other agency business units (i.e., Brand Comms; Digital & Social Strategy etc.), to lead new business pitches (where relevant), develop point of view, and proposals
• Utilise your own network to drive New Business leads
• Promote 1HQ across client business – cross-sell all areas of expertise (i.e., 1HQ Collidascope; 1HQ Brand Comms) and look for new opportunities beyond these for business development
• Possess a clear understanding of Ceuta’s integrated services offering (and 1HQ’s position within that offering) to the benefit of (a) new business acquisition and (b) internal understanding
Along with the elements required in the job role, the following skills will be beneficial and enhance your application:
• Ability to manage a number of different projects at any one time while adhering to set deadlines
• Commercial acumen and client service experience with a particular focus on e-commerce and D2C led brands/models
• A passion for the future of retail and, in particular, for the role that e-commerce will have to play within brands’ customer and shopper strategies over coming years
• Oversee the development of strategy, process and cost proposals
• Demonstrate confidence and integrity to be able to influence in their field of expertise
• A proactive approach to building relationships across teams and colleagues at all levels – in particular, with 1HQ Brand Comms and 1HQ Collidascope
• Ability to work well in a team, and to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Strong and persuasive negotiation skills, with an ability to make clear commercial decisions
• Strong analytical skills – looking at numbers, but also beyond them to identify issues and opportunities, offer solutions, and optimise e-commerce/digital activation
• Excellent communication skills, with confidence to present and communicate to a variety of audiences.
• Ability to write concise, challenging and inspirational creative briefs based on insights, and client’s objectives and challenges
• Ability to deal with complex challenges effectively and see them through to conclusion.
• Be able to create and manage forecasts by client for turnover, fee and profitability
Send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org