22 Russell Street
+44 (0)1753 624 242
Brand Researcher / New Business Development Executive
Be part of a fast-growing global brand agency, where you can really make a difference every day. Support business, brand category and market analysis and identify target businesses, brands and brand owners.
This new role will support the Chief Growth Officer alongside the wider Exec and marketing team to build a pipeline of potential new business targets and contacts, aligning to our global Brand Plans.
- We are looking for the right person so are open to discussing the terms of this role, including full time vs part time and fixed term 6-12 months vs permanent contract.
- We are based in Windsor, so while we love to see our team face to face, we are working remotely to stay safe currently. However, you should be prepared and be able to travel to Windsor.
We’re looking for someone who can confidently research markets, business and brands to build detailed information on their strategies, innovation pipelines, strategic direction and market opportunities. This information and data will be used to form targeted account-based marketing strategies.
Analysis could also extend to identifying and monitoring trend and future thinking subjects/data for the development of content development, including thought leadership articles e.g., sustainability, gamification, post C19 consumer trends to aid NBD propositions.
You will assist the development of presentations, agency credentials and documentation and work closely with the marketing team to maintain and manage the 1HQ database from a new business perspective.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Conduct insightful FMCG & FMCH market and category analysis
- Size target markets, categories and identify brand owners for NBD targeting in key global markets (UK, EU, USA & SEA)
- Building and manging target lists of potential clients
- Data mining/information gathering/input from key data sources, marketing press, LinkedIn, industry websites etc.
- Establishing business intelligence about business and brands of interest e.g., brand purpose, mission and or ambition. Key business updates e.g., mergers and aquation’s, people moves and promotions.
- Liaise closely with Exec and MD’s on NBD actions
- Work with the marketing team to support the development of sector specific targeted content for NBD
- Provide clear information which will influence/impact NBD strategy and strategic thinking
- Monitor and maintain a continuous knowledge of key target clients, their market sector and up-to-date competitor activity
- Communicate and present recommendations (to agency SLT/staff) in a clear manner whilst using appropriate presentation tools
- Provide day-to-day support, including working on new business pitches, award entries and agency credentials
- Identify examples of category and competitor campaigns/design etc.
- Manage and operate the 1HQ database, updating and maintaining lists, managing data and ensuring GDPR compliance
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks in connection with the job function, as requested by your manager.
To be successful in this role, you will need a basic understanding of the marketing industry and sector including FMCG & FMCH. Previous experience in a marketing agency or brand marketing team will help you join with pace.
Skills & Experience:
- Business and or brand intelligence/analysis (desk research and or data sources)
- Proficient on Google & LinkedIn
- A good attention to detail
- A clear & engaging internal presentation style
- Ability to store, cross reference and find information and how to distil and critically analyse information succinctly
- Ability to find opportunities to contribute to projects
- An ability to work individually (with senior support) and also within a team
- Good communication, spoken and written word skills (e.g. command of language to communicate nuances in category and consumer behaviour) and across all levels
- Credible as attendee in internal meetings / client meetings / workshops
- Smart use of information sources – accessing and looking for multiple, lateral sources and approaches for digging deeper
- A good listener and note-taker in order to develop and build a greater understanding and responses
Send your application and CV to email@example.com