22 Russell Street
+44 (0)1753 624 242
Associate Director of Brand Strategy
Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer, the purpose of this role is to build 1HQ’s brand strategy capability, capacity and reputation by providing insightful, creative and inspiring thinking to new and existing clients.
You should have at least 5 years’ brand strategy experience, and will have a solid knowledge of the founding principles, approaches and application of brand strategy.
You will have worked with complex global FMCG/FMCH brands – gaining knowledge of their marketing and organisational challenges. Experience in leading brand strategy initiatives and projects will be required, along with evidence of a deep understanding of brand positioning, architecture and innovation. If you have successfully led and presented brand strategy pitches along with planning and facilitating brand strategy workshops this will further strengthen your application.
Your skill set will encompass the ability to:
- Create and convert brand strategy opportunities from existing and new clients through compelling and persuasive proposal documents and pitch presentations
- Subsequently, to lead those projects and deliver successful outcomes in a timely and profitable manner (with SMT support)
- Work as an integral team member alongside account management and creative colleagues to provide valued and valuable brand strategy consultancy
- Develop appropriate marketing and new business content and activities such as credentials presentations, case studies and public speaking opportunities
- Be the agency’s brand strategy eyes on the wider market – keeping colleagues informed of trends, technologies and other news that can inform and enhance the service offered to clients
- Work with colleagues to promote and develop their understanding of, and skills in, brand strategy
You will also need to be comfortable:
- Working and thinking both analytically and creatively
- Analysing and interpreting a wide range of supplied data and information, to identify the right strategy and approach for our client’s brands
- Articulating complex concepts and ideas simply and fluently
- Drawing on an extensive mental ‘library’ of references and analogies
- Building trust and confidence amongst Senior clients by talking in their language, demonstrating an understanding of the challenges they face, and providing added value brand strategy consulting
- Developing and facilitating client facing workshops for areas including (but not limited to) brand definition/positioning, brand architecture and creative principles
Send your application and CV to email@example.com