John M. Keynesplein 12,
+31 615 382 819
Placed top tier of the creative team at 1HQ, and at the forefront of big brand ideas for our global and challenger clients, you will be instrumental in creating outstanding, effective and contemporary solutions, promoting brand integrity and delighting our clients by exceeding expectations.
Working closely with the client services and design team as we continue to build strong client relationships and have an influence in shaping new opportunities with the new business team.
You'll be expected to manage creative/design projects in isolation as well as a part of a team to inspire and drive great design from those around you, directing and mentoring all members of the creative force.
Creative assistance will be provided by you with guidance to the Creative Director and advising Account Directors on the overall effectiveness of all projects big and small.
You will be working closely with the 1HQ strategy team to help shape and evolve brands from the outset - part of this involvement will be to assist them with strategic direction and challenge them to exceed expectations.
Presenting creative work at the sharp end is key, and you will need to be able to adopt a full understanding of a brand and the strategy behind its existence. As Design Director, you will also be expected to lead immersive pitches for new business as well as holding a broad understanding of 1HQ as an agency and its history.
It is important to have a flexible approach to clients and projects, with the skills to tailor design tasks to suit the needs of each brief, whilst organising your team and asserting a strong influence in selecting the right creative talent for each project.
- At least 6+ years’ experience in packaging and branding design role
- Good understanding of FMCG branding, luxury branding and beyond is essential
- Experience leading a team of creatives from brief to artwork
- Evidence of working with global brands
- Proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and a good understanding of the Microsoft suite
- Demonstrable experience in pushing boundaries whilst still maintaining the integrity of the work
- Educated to A-Level standard or equivalent
- A rich experience of art direction - both photographic and illustrative
- Ability to drive ideas and points of view that build great brands
- Multitask with the ability to balance multiple projects, prioritise and work well under pressure in a fast-moving working environment
- Confidently present work to clients and internal teams
- Ability to sketch and think conceptually
- Ability to execute brand ideas across multiple touch points
- Ability to articulate concepts and bring a brand to life beyond packaging design
- A teaching not telling creative leadership skills
- Ability to think big beyond simply pack to understand the wider context of your work
- Experienced in thinking strategically
- Excellent time management skills both for your team and individually
- Ability to make a leading contribution within workshops
- Demonstrate strong craft skills and attention to detail without losing sight of the bigger picture
- Strong presentation skills with an engaging and credible delivery
Ability to handle senior clients and decision makers with a great grasp of client worlds and challenges.
Ready to Apply? Send us an email, attaching your CV and tell us who you are to email@example.com